Helping Victims Of Slip-And-Fall Accidents Recover
Slip-and-fall is a personal injury law term. People use it to describe a fall that occurs due to a dangerous property condition. Many slip-and-fall accidents are preventable and are the result of a property owner’s careless or reckless conduct. As a slip-and-fall accident falls under the category of a premises liability case, people who own or occupy property owe their visitors the duty to keep it safe. Store owners, for example, must address or warn about any dangerous property conditions that they reasonably should have known about. If they breach this duty and you suffer injuries, you may be eligible to recover compensation.
At Lindner Law, LLC, in Milwaukee and Appleton, our attorneys and staff understand the major role that compensation plays in the lives of people who suffer slip-and-fall injuries — and in the lives of their family members, too. For decades, we have helped slip-and-fall victims to pursue claims for their medical bills, lost income, pain, suffering and more. We provide for those we represent the highest level of service. When representing you, we will pursue the maximum amount of compensation on your behalf.
Are You Entitled To Compensation?
If the person, company or government agency that owns and manages the property neglects to take steps to prevent your injuries from occurring, you may be owed compensation.
Frequent causes of slip-and-falls include:
- Slick surfaces due to spilled liquids or a recent mopping
- Ice, snow or slush on sidewalks or in parking lots
- Objects left in aisles or other walking areas
- Uneven or cracked pavement
- Broken stairs or railings
- Floor tiles not properly set
- Poor lighting in halls, stairs or other common areas
- Torn or frayed carpeting
- A covered hole in the yard
In some cases, property owners/occupiers and their insurance companies argue that the hazard that caused a person’s slip-and-fall accident was obvious and identifiable. Their goal is to deny any liability in your slip-and-fall accident. At Lindner Law, LLC, we will protect you from such tactics. We will aggressively challenge any attempts to blame you for your slip-and-fall injuries.
What Should You Do After A Slip-And-Fall Accident?
If you suffered a slip-and-fall injury, you should take these steps in the days following the accident to protect your health and your legal rights:
- Get medical attention. You may not even know you suffered injuries until you see a doctor. The doctor can diagnose and document your injuries, and you can start your course of treatment as early as possible.
- Report to the property owner or occupier. If you suffer a slip and fall on commercial property like a store or office building, you should file a report with the owner, manager or security officer and ask them to provide you with a copy of this incident report.
- Gather as much evidence as you can. If possible, you should take pictures of the area where you fell. Oftentimes, the property owner will attempt to fix the problem before our investigators can document the hazard. Pictures are critical in slip and fall cases. If possible, you should also get the names and phone numbers of any witnesses on the scene.
- Contact an experienced slip-and-fall attorney. As early as possible, you should seek help from a lawyer. You will get a much better understanding of your rights and the options available to you. You should also refer the insurance company to your lawyer. You should never give a recorded statement or accept a settlement without first discussing the matter with your lawyer.
At Lindner Law, LLC, we know how a slip-and-fall can lead to serious, life-changing injuries. We often work with people who have suffered a traumatic brain injury, spinal cord damage, soft tissue injury, and severe and multiple fractures due to falls. Many of our clients need extensive medical treatment and cannot work due to their injuries. We will collect all evidence related to your slip-and-fall injuries. We will contact your doctor or hospital, so you are not hounded concerning your medical bills. And we will deal directly with insurance companies on your behalf while demanding a settlement that fully and fairly compensates you. When necessary, we will fight for you in the courtroom.
Our legal team features experienced and compassionate attorneys as well as many other highly dedicated professionals who will work behind the scenes to pursue maximum compensation for you, including paralegals and investigators. We believe that communication is the key to a successful relationship with our clients. Our door will always be open to discuss what is happening in your case.
Are You Ready For A Free Consultation?
Wisconsin has a statute of limitations concerning slip-and-fall cases limiting the time you have to file a claim. If the property at issue is owned by a government entity, you are required to give them notice within 120 days of the incident. Please don’t wait to seek legal help. Call Lindner Law, LLC, today for a free consultation at our Milwaukee office at 414-488-6870 or statewide at 888-217-1625 or our Appleton office at 920-335-1342 or send us an email.