Table of Contents
After a car accident in Milwaukee, you may feel like your life has been turned upside down. You must cope with your injuries, a wrecked vehicle and complicated insurance policies. If you need to miss work, your bills will pile up quickly. It can be hard to figure out how to handle all of the pressure you are facing.
The experienced and compassionate Milwaukee car accident lawyers of Lindner Law LLC., can take the burdens off you. For more than 40 years, we have protected the rights and interests of car accident victims just like you. We will handle every aspect of your case so you can focus on what is important – your health and your family. When you work with our skilled personal injury team, you can trust us to:
- Handle your property damage claim for no charge.
- Work with medical insurers and care providers to make sure you get treatment.
- Conduct an efficient, thorough investigation of your crash.
- Identify every potential source of funds for you, including other parties’ insurance and maybe your own policy.
- Track down your medical records so we have full evidence of the nature and extent of your injuries.
- Consult with experts to determine how your injuries will affect you in the future.
- Aggressively pursue maximum compensation for you through a settlement or judgment.
- Promptly answer your calls and e-mails.
- Treat you at all times with the care and respect you deserve.
With our No Cost, No Fee, VIP Guarantee, we will return your case file to you – with no charge and no questions asked – if you are not satisfied with our services in the first 30 days after you hire Hausmann-McNally for your car accident claim.
It all starts with a free consultation. Contact us today to talk about your case.
If you need an attorney in nearby areas, we also have car accident attorney in Greenbay.
Get VIP Service
From Our Attorneys Today!
Types of Car Accident Cases We Handle in Milwaukee
Even if you are a safe, responsible driver, you can still get into a car accident in Milwaukee. According to news reports, five of the most dangerous intersections in the city are:
- Silver Spring Drive and 60th Street
- Capitol Drive and 35th Street
- McKinley Avenue and 6th Street
- Layton Avenue and 27th Street
- Capitol Drive and Fond du Lac Avenue
At Hausmann-McNally, our legal team has experience with helping clients who have suffered harm in crashes involving drunk driving, distracted driving, fatigued driving, speeding and other forms of aggressive and reckless driving. We understand how the injuries that our clients suffer in crashes affect their ability to work and enjoy everyday life. We are committed to pursuing the compensation that our clients need to heal and move forward.
Some of the common types of car accident injury claims we handle include:
- Whiplash and neck injuries
- Head and traumatic brain injuries
- Back and spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Injuries to internal organs
- Sprains and strains
- Lacerations and bruises
In the most tragic circumstances, we work with families who have lost a loved one in a car accident. Our compassionate team has extensive experience with filing wrongful death claims to help families pursue the compensation they need to ease their financial burdens.
If you need a lawyer nearby, we also have car accident lawyers in Appleton.
Compensation for Milwaukee Car Accident Victims
When our team first meets with clients, the question on everyone’s mind is: What is my car accident case worth? The answer will depend on how much physical damage you have suffered and how the accident has affected (and will continue to affect) your life.
Some of the types of compensation our dedicated Milwaukee car accident attorneys may demand are:
- Money to replace or repair your vehicle and funds to compensate you for the reduced resale value of your car
- Payment for your past medical bills and future necessary treatment
- Compensation for the income you have lost due to your injuries
- Compensation for reduced earning capacity if your injuries prevent you from doing the same work you did before
- Reimbursement for hiring others to take care of your normal household duties such as yard work and child care
- Payment to account for the physical and emotional pain and suffering you have suffered
- Punitive damages, which may be awarded to punish the at-fault party for serious misconduct.
Our Milwaukee car accident lawyers are here to help. As soon as you contact our team, we will track down your vehicle, visit the scene of the accident and begin documenting your injuries. We will do all the legwork while you focus on getting better.
What to Do After a Milwaukee Car Accident
You should take several steps after a crash in order to protect your rights to full and fair compensation. These steps will help to preserve evidence in your case, allow our attorneys to retrace what happened to you and ultimately help us to build a strong claim on your behalf.
- Call the police. Officers will file a report that details what happened in your crash. Our attorneys will use that report to investigate your claim. You can order a copy of the report by going to the local law enforcement agency such as the Milwaukee Police Department or by going online.
- Get medical help immediately. Even if you are unsure whether you are hurt, it is better to be safe than sorry. Many injuries can take days to surface. Be sure to follow the doctor’s instructions and keep any follow-up appointments.
- Take down the names and contact information for the other driver. However, do not discuss the accident, apologize or admit fault in any way. An insurance company can and will take any details you talk about at the crash scene and use them against you.
- Get contact information for any witnesses. Our attorneys will reach out to witnesses to document what they remember about the crash and who was at fault.
- Write down what happened or draw a diagram. Especially during a traumatic event, your mind can feel as if it is operating in a blur. That is why we suggest that you write down everything you remember about your crash as soon as possible.
- Take photos. If you feel up to it, take photos of the vehicles, your injuries and any other evidence at the scene that may be relevant such as road signs and weather conditions.
- Report the accident to your insurance company. You should report the basic facts of the accident to your insurer. That includes where and when the crash happened and who was involved. DO NOT give a statement or sign anything from an insurance company until you have spoken with our attorneys.
- Save any documentation related to your crash. Start a file to store any paperwork the insurance company sends you as well as receipts from the doctor’s office, bills related to car repair/towing, and any other documentation you think may be relevant.
Although following these steps would be ideal, we also recognize that there are many thoughts flying through your mind right after a crash. If you cannot complete some or all of the above steps, do not let it stop you from getting help from an experienced Milwaukee car accident lawyer at Hausmann-McNally.
Post Accident FAQs
Priority 1 – Your Health
You should get timely medical care for everyone involved. If you are injured, or there is suspicion of injury, cooperate with medical personnel who recommended tests and/or hospitalization. Do not be overly concerned about the medical expenses at this point. Your health is more important.
Consulting with an attorney will help determine whether you have grounds for a solid personal injury case. An attorney’s experience and knowledge of the law will be applied to your situation. Your attorney will have to prove:
- You were injured
- The defendant (at-fault party) was negligent
- The defendant’s negligence caused your injuries
- The defendant’s insurance applies to the injury-causing event.
The negligent party and their insurance company are responsible for your losses and injuries resulting from the accident. That includes medical and rehabilitation expenses, loss of earnings and future earning capacity, expenses incurred for accident injury treatment and other related expenses. We make every effort to make the responsible party pay for your losses and injuries. If the driver at fault did not have adequate insurance, our firm’s experience in this area will be valuable as we explore all other avenues of reimbursement and compensation for medical bills.
What about rehab, lost time at work, the money I have to pay babysitters in order to get to the doctor, extra help around the house, taxi fare and other expenses?
Because the negligent party is responsible for these expenses, Lindner Law LLC., attorneys and staff will take the actions necessary to recover these expenses for you from all possible sources. Our attorneys and staff work with clients to achieve optimum results in each and every case—large or small.
We suggest you refrain from talking to anyone about your accident except your doctors, lawyers and spouse. In our firm, your case is assigned to a specific paralegal who will talk to you about your concerns and serve as your link to your attorney. Your file is always at their fingertips. With our attorney and paralegal who constitute your team can discuss details of your case knowledgeably and promptly whenever you call. These same professionals ensure that your case moves through the system as quickly and efficiently as possible.
If your vehicle was damaged or totaled, we help with repair and replacement. Some law firms do not want to deal with your vehicle damage in a personal injury case. But, when Lindner Law LLC., represents a client in a vehicle injury accident, our firm will handle the vehicle damage portion of your case free of charge.
This is where a trusted attorney will be most helpful. Remember the insurance company’s goal is to protect THEIR interests and bottom line, not yours. Your representatives at Lindner Law LLC., will explain more about the workings of the personal injury system. We will handle all communications, forms and inquiries from the insurance company.
In order to avoid costly mistakes in dealing with an insurance company representative or adjuster, please take these seven important steps in order to protect your rights.
Seven Steps to Success:
- Obtain adequate medical diagnosis and treatment for your injuries.
- Document and photograph injuries and vehicle damage.
- Keep track of your lost wages and earnings and accident-related expenses.
- Do not trust the insurance company to look out for your rights.
- Do not cash an insurance check before checking with your trusted attorney.
- Do not sign an insurance release without attorney review.
- Call Lindner Law LLC., toll free at 1-800-227-6699.
All motor vehicle accident cases are handled on a contingency-fee basis. We will advance all costs and expenses. You will not have to reimburse us for any costs or expenses unless we are successful. That means you will pay absolutely nothing for lawyers’ fees or costs unless we win a monetary award in your case. When we win for you—and only then—we then charge an agreed-upon portion of the amount won.
Call our offices at 1-800-227-6699. After an unfortunate accident, you may need professional assistance to restore your life to normal. As you seek assistance to achieve physical and psychological recovery, you may need legal assistance to help recover financially from the accident.
Our Milwaukee Car Accident Attorneys Are Ready to Help You
With few exceptions, you must file a car accident claim in Wisconsin within three years after the crash occurs. You do not want to miss that deadline and lose your right to recover full and fair compensation for the losses that you have suffered in a crash in Milwaukee.
Don’t wait: Call or reach us online today. We will provide a free consultation, and we will not charge you for our legal services unless we obtain a financial recovery for you. Our Milwaukee personal injury lawyers are here for you.
If you need an attorney in nearby areas, we also have car accident attorney in Rockford.