Table of Contents
Indiana Personal Injury Lawyers
Have you been injured in an accident someone else caused? Are you still fighting an insurance company for money to compensate you for your losses? If so, our full-service Indiana personal injury law firm with offices in Indianapolis and Merrillville can help you.
Our personal injury attorneys fight for the rights of people who have been seriously injured in car and truck crashes, motorcycle accidents, slip-and-fall accidents, dog attacks, nursing home abuse, and other serious incidents. We demand full and fair compensation for medical expenses, lost income, property damage, pain and suffering, and other losses due to unjust injuries. We’ll also make sure you have access to proper medical care and that you are not pestered by creditors while your legal claim progresses.
Lindner Law LLC., has the resources and the skills to prepare a strong case for you. Our firm employs 16 personal injury lawyers and a talented staff of may professionals, including investigators, paralegals, legal secretaries, and damage specialists. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation, and learn how we can put our team to work for you.
No Cost, No Fee, VIP Guarantee: If you are not satisfied with how we are handling your case within the first 30 days of hiring our firm, we won’t stand in your way or charge you anything if you want to take your file and leave.
Get VIP Service
From Our Attorneys Today!
Why Choose Our Indiana Personal Injury Lawyers?
As your Indiana personal injury attorneys, our objective is to demand every bit of compensation available to you under the law.
You can count on our team to:
- Thoroughly investigate the accident / incident that harmed you or your loved one
- Identify all parties who should be held liable (legally responsible) for your injuries and losses
- Locate all insurance compensation available to you and/or your family
- Account for all of your costs and losses, both now and in the future
- File all possible insurance claims, and press hard in negotiations for full and fair payment to you
- File personal injury or wrongful death lawsuits if negotiations are not successful
- Present a solid and persuasive case to a judge and jury on your behalf if the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement
Throughout your claim, our Indiana personal injury lawyers will make sure you have the opportunity to recover from your injures and loss without the burden of dealing with insurance and legal matters. You’ll be able to rely on our attorneys to manage every aspect of your claim, so you can focus on healing.
Get started today by contacting Lindner Law LLC., for a free, no-obligation initial legal consultation. We can discuss your options for pursuing a personal injury or wrongful death claim. If you engage our firm to pursue a claim on your behalf, we will not charge you legal fees unless and until we recover compensation for you.
Note that Indiana law establishes a two-year statute of limitations on personal injury and wrongful death claims. Developing a solid case is typically a complex and time-consuming task. It is best to contact an experienced and capable personal injury firm as soon as possible after you have been injured or lost a loved one in an accident.
Pursuing Compensation in an Indiana Personal Injury Claim
In the legal world, compensation in personal injury or wrongful death claims is known as “damages.”
In Indiana, damages are based on losses due to:
- Medical expenses, past, present and future (i.e., costs of anticipated treatment, care and/or medication)
- Lost earnings, or loss or impairment of earning capacity
- Damage to personal or real property
- Nature and extent of your injuries, and the effect of the injuries on your ability to function as a whole person
- Whether your injuries are temporary or permanent
- Physical pain and mental suffering, both now and in the future
- Any aggravation of a pre-existing injury, disease, or condition caused by the accident
- Disfigurement and/or deformity resulting from the accident
- Loss of services, society, or companionship of a spouse
In a wrongful death claim, the plaintiff may also seek compensation for:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Medical expenses incurred prior to death
- Probable future earnings lost due to the death
- Loss of love, care, and affection the deceased would have provided
- Costs of administering the deceased’s estate
An Indiana jury may also award punitive damages if it decides a defendant’s actions amounted to willful and wanton misconduct, or if the defendant acted either maliciously, fraudulently, oppressively, or with gross negligence, each of which the judge would explain to the jury. The jury may award any amount of punitive damages it believes to be adequate to punish the defendant and to deter or discourage the defendant and others from similar acts in the future.
In Indiana, the amount of compensation awarded in a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit may be limited due to the doctrine of “comparative fault” and by damages caps the state has adopted.
If a jury decides you had some fault for the accident that caused your injuries, the damages you receive would be reduced accordingly. The jury would assign a percentage of overall fault to the defendant (e.g., 75 percent) and to you, the plaintiff (e.g., 25 percent), and then reduce the total award you might have received by the percentage assigned to you. If you were more than 50 percent at fault, you would not win the case nor any compensation.
Additionally, the State of Indiana caps damages when an unmarried adult (age 23 or older) with no dependents is the victim of a wrongful death. In such a case, that person’s estate cannot obtain more than $300,000 through a wrongful death lawsuit. For an accident that occurs at a facility managed by a state, county, or local government body or agency, the amount a victim may recover is capped at $700,000. There is also a $5 million overall incident cap that applies to government defendants.
At Lindner Law LLC., our dedicated personal injury attorneys work tirelessly in pursuit of maximum compensation for our clients. Schedule a free consultation today to learn how we can put our skills to work for you.
Our Practice Areas
Our Indiana law firm focuses on representing people who have suffered personal injuries in accidents and those who have lost a loved one through a wrongful death — a fatal accident caused by negligence, neglect, or a wrongful act. We fight for the full and fair compensation available to clients in:
- Car Accidents
- Truck / Commercial Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Passenger Injury Claims
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Aviation Accidents
- Slip-and-Fall Accidents
- Negligent Security Incidents
- Dog Attacks
- Fire and Burn Injuries
- Industrial Accidents
- Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
Contact Our Indiana Personal Injury Lawyers Now
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in an accident in Indiana, turn to Lindner Law LLC., for skilled legal representation and compassionate customer service. Our team will fight aggressively for the maximum compensation you deserve.
Contact us today for a free, no-obligation initial discussion of the legal options available to you. We never charge clients like you a legal fee unless and until we recover compensation for you.