Burns are some of the most painful and horrific injuries anyone can experience. Not only is there the initial pain and disfigurement, but treatment for burn injuries and the accompanying medical expenses can go on for years, often for a lifetime. For serious burn victims, life is never the same after the accident. There are over half a million treated burn injuries in the U.S. each year. *
The experienced personal injury attorneys at Lindner Law LLC., can help determine whether the burn injury was caused by someone or some organization that was negligent or failed to maintain or properly equip its buildings with fire alarm and smoke detection systems. We can help determine if there is reason to file a personal injury lawsuit on behalf of the burn victim. This is not the time for an inexperienced law firm. Burn injury incidents require a detailed investigation of the circumstances that led to your burn injury. An experienced law firm can help you recover financially from your losses and injuries. Burn injury victims may seek compensation for items including:
- Medical expenses
- Plastic surgery
- Loss of past and future earnings
- Rehabilitation services
- Ongoing care
- Reimbursement for pain and suffering
- Psychological suffering
At Lindner Law LLC., our service to burn victims begins with our willingness to come to any location that is convenient for you, either at your home, office or hospital room. At that time, one of our representatives will take information about the incident and, in consultation with our attorneys, we will quickly determine the potential for a lawsuit against the persons or organization that caused the accident. In our years of experience, we have been involved in and investigated cases where:
- The cause of the fire or burn might was a defective product or vehicle that was not properly engineered or serviced.
- The burn victim wasn’t properly warned of the fire because of lack of fire alarm systems or smoke detection devices.
- Burns were caused by fires in dwellings whose owners ignored safety requirements.
- Landlords did not properly maintain furnaces, water heaters and appliances.
- Unsafe individuals were allowed to live in a building without adequate supervision so that their neighbors were in jeopardy of being injured by fire.
Because evidence is so important in burn injury cases, we urge you to consult with an attorney as soon as you can after the accident. It is important to document your burn injuries, often with photographs which our investigators will take. It is also important to gather and secure relevant evidence and promptly retain fire experts to determine the cause and origin of the fire. But even if time has elapsed, you still should seek the services of a trusted attorney to determine how best to proceed. You may be assured that our investigators will do everything they can to gather the necessary evidence including, fire department reports, arson reports, police reports and medical reports that will be used in building your case.
* American Burn Association: https://www.ameriburn.org/resources_factsheet.php