APPLETON, WI – The Appleton Fire Department responded to a fire at a home in northwest Appleton on Christmas Eve that resulted from an overfilled deep fryer, Seehafer News reports.
Firefighters were called to a residential property on West Grant Street at about 11:30 a.m. Friday morning, where they found a detached garage in flames.
The home’s residents were able to flee the scene on their own, and the firefighters quickly knocked down the blaze. Damage was concentrated in the area immediately around the fryer, although the home also suffered smoke damage.
Authorities wished to remind readers that and overfilled deep fryer is likely to leak oil into the unit’s open flame, leading to fires.
Have you been injured on someone else’s property? If so, you may be able to recover financial compensation for the losses you’ve suffered as a result, including for medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering. Contact Lindner Law, LLC today to discuss your case for free with an experienced premises liability attorney in Appleton.